Thank you for your interest in AEF Schools. Please call us at (954) 581-8222 to schedule your appointment.
AEF programs cater to students who have “specific needs” and is NOT a traditional special needs program. Our children fall into a “grey area” where mainstream schools do not provide the support, instruction, and remediation they need; and special needs schools group them with students who may be more severe and/or have behavioral challenges.
Our schools are small enough to be individualized but large enough to feel normalized.
Our students have been described as “normal but quirky” and thrive in a smaller, nurturing environment that improves their academic, social, and cognitive functioning.
Please be aware that AEF does NOT cater to students who:
- Are aggressive or a danger to themselves or others
- Require physical restraint
- Have been diagnosed with emotional disturbances
- Require assistance with toileting
- Have been suspended or dismissed from another school within the past 6 months for behavioral reasons
- Have a history or drug or alcohol use/abuse
- Require a restrictive facility
The packet provided on this page is for you to fill out. Please download, print out, and complete this packet prior to your appointment. This will greatly assist us in determining whether your child will excel in our program.
After completing this packet and scheduling your appointment, please bring your child to our Main Broward Campus for an interview and assessment. You will meet a member of our administration to discuss our program and to address any questions you may have.
In order to truly assess your child for our program, please bring the following items:
- School Records
- Psychological / Psycho-educational testing
- Report Cards
- Individual Education Plans (IEPs)
- Any information that would tell us more about your child
Once again, thank you for your interest in AEF Schools where our mission is to prepare our students for life and develop in students the necessary academic, social, emotional, physical and problem solving skills that will enable them to live successful lives in a rapidly changing society. We look forward to meeting you and your family.