Early Learning Academy – Summer VPK Program
What is VPK?
VPK is the Voluntary Pre-kindergarten Education Program designed to give children a jump start by preparing them for school and enhancing their reading, math, language, social, and life skills. Children who participate in VPK are more likely to be successful in school. If you live in Florida, your child is eligible for Florida’s FREE VPK program at approved providers.
Instruction and Curriculum for Summer VPK
Our VPK program uses a hands on multi-sensory approach to learning and cognitive development. Children learn in an active and exploratory environment which encourages critical thinking skills, promotes social awareness, facilitates social relationships and fosters independence. Programs include guest speakers and on campus field trips.
Benefits of early education and the VPK program
- The most important growth and development in the brain happens by the age of five.
- The early years are the learning years. A child’s ability to be attentive and to follow directions emerges in the early years. Structured early learning fosters these abilities for later success in school and in life.
- Pre-K prepares children to be ready for school. Children who participate in high-quality early childhood education programs develop better language skills, score higher in school-readiness tests and have better social skills and fewer behavioral problems once they enter school. They are also better prepared for Kindergarten, especially in the areas of pre-reading, pre-math and social skills.
- Pre-K promotes a love of learning in children. Pre-K enhances what a child learns at home and instills a love of life-long learning.
Dates and Times for Summer VPK
- Our VPK program consists of 300 hours of FREE instruction
- June through August
- Monday – Friday 9am to 3pm